Current and Future Considerations for Healthcare Delivery
Imagine that you are an administrator in a health services organization, and the CEO of your organization asks you to assess and report on developments that are likely to affect the organization’s success. What will you discover as you investigate changes in your community and the broader health care landscape?
In preparation for this Assignment, review your completed Week 3 Assignment, including any feedback you received from your Instructor. Select one organization from that Assignment on which to focus for this Assignment (i.e., imagine that this organization is the one in which you work).
Use the Learning Resources provided in this week, as well as previous weeks, and locate additional sources through the Walden Library and credible websites to conduct your research. Use the following questions to guide your investigation:
· What are the prevalent health concerns in this community?
· What are the key issues related to cost, quality, and access that affect the organization and the people this organization serves?
· Which organizations in this area are business competitors and/or which organizations use highly effective practices or strategies that this organization may learn from or adopt?
· How will demographics and health reform likely impact the organization, as well as the broader community, in the next 5 years?
Next, review the information on business writing included in the Learning Resources. Consider what the central point of your memo should be. For instance, is there a critical challenge the organization is likely to encounter? Does the information you have gathered suggest the need for a particular course of action or a new business direction? If so, use this memo to inform and influence the CEO. If not, share the findings of your research with the assumption that the CEO will use this information as a launching point for future discussions.
Write a business memo in which you address:
· Prevalent health concerns in the community
· Issues related to cost, quality, and access that affect the organization and the people it serves
· Organizations in the community that are business competitors and/or from which you can learn highly effective practices or strategies
· Ways in which changing demographics and health reform will likely affect your organization and the broader community in the next 5 years