Your organization has just completed the Initiation Process for implementing an Email System Upgrade. It was identified in a recent meeting with management leaders from the Sales, Consulting and IT departments that the current email system is causing significant amount of business interruptions and must be updated immediately. You have been assigned the role of project manager to develop the project schedule and budget. As project manager, you are responsible for implementing and enforcing the project schedule and its estimates, expected costs, and the techniques and methods that will be chosen to execute and control the project. The project is being initiated with the following initial project scope in mind:
- There are five email systems currently being used across twelve departments and offices. These will be replaced and consolidated into one email system.
- New Email Standards and Protocols will be established and training provided to all departments.
- All 2000 current email users will be converted to the new system, and 500 new users that did not have email before will be added.
- Users will have both LAN and remote access to email.
- Help desk and support infrastructure will be set-up to accommodate the new system.
- Equipment will be salvaged.
User PCs will be upgraded to accommodate the new email system.
You are managing an e-mail consolidation and upgrade for your organization, and you are focusing on implementing the process of schedule and cost control. You must present your case and supporting evidence for the need of implementing the process of cost and schedule control to your stakeholders.
Your presentation must be 7–10 slides with 150–200 words of speaker notes per slide. Additionally, include a title and reference slide.The title slide (including topic title, your name, etc.) makes your presentation look and appear professional. The reference slide at the end with correctly APA style formatted references ensures your information and positions are substantiated and that credit for others’ work is acknowledged.
- Prepare a presentation of 7–10 PowerPoint slides. The presentation should address the following:
- The need for project scheduling and cost control
- Why are scheduling and cost control important for project success?
- Who should be in control of the scheduling and cost control process?
- Your plan for control schedule and control cost processes to be implemented
- What are the major provisions of your plan? Explain.
- How difficult would it be to implement your plan? Why?
- The benefits of implementing these processes to your organization
- How will your plan positively affect the project?
- What could happen if an effective scheduling and cost control plan were ignored?
- For each of the 3 above topics, reference 1–2 professional case studies to support your arguments.
- Each slide must be accompanied by 150–200 words of speaker notes.
- Evidence and case studies should be no older than 1998.
- For more information on creating PowerPoint Presentations, please visit the Microsoft Office Applications Lab.
- The PowerPoint presentations must adhere to the assignment guidelines listed above and must contain the following:
- A title slide with the course name, phase number, topic title, and your first and last names
- A reference slide using APA style to ensure that credit for others’ work is acknowledged
- The title and reference slides do not count as part of the 7–10 content slides.
Each slide must contain 150–200 words of speaker notes.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Doctor Mitch appeared first on Graduate Paper Help.