Firewalls and VPNMarch 28, 2020
Benchmark – Capstone Project Change ProposalMarch 28, 2020
Note: This course is organized around the four basic
functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
Your final project for each week in this course will require you to
assess the functional performance of a manager (Weeks 1, 2, and 4),
organization (Week 3), or team (Week 5) of your choosing in accordance
with the prescribed principles of management taught in this class. You
will be asked to defend your assessment with academically sound concepts
and theories from your assigned reading. Academically credible
information from other sound sources will also be encouraged.
In this first week, we learned about how management theory
has changed over time. We also briefly examined the four functions of
management in preparation for more in-depth study in the weeks to come.
Finally, we began an in-depth look at the function of planning including
the different types of plans, the planning process, and the importance
of planning to effective management.
For this assignment:
- Compare the application of each of the four functions of
management in terms of how it might be different 25 years ago, based on
the evolution of management theory.
- Select a manager and assess his or her planning strengths
based on assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be
supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from
academically credible resources.
- Assess that same manager’s planning weaknesses using the
assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be supplemented from
(but not solely based on) other information from academically credible
- Defend two or three recommendations for improving the
manager’s performance in the functional area of planning based on the
assessment of both strengths and weaknesses and the use of academically
- Based on your research, write succinct discussions of each of these items.
- Present your work as a 2–3-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research. Cite any sources in APA format.
- Name your document MGT2037_W1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Let us take care of your classwork while you enjoy your free time! All papers are written from scratch and are 100% Original.