· Workplace Emotions, Attitudes, and Stress
· Employee Motivation: Foundations and Practices
After studying this week , students should be able to:
· Describe the three key elements of motivation.
· Compare the early theories of motivation.
· Contrast the elements of self-determination theory and goal-setting theory.
· Demonstrate the differences among self-efficacy theory, reinforcement theory, equity theory, and expectancy theory.
· Identify the implications of employee job engagement for managers.
· Describe how the contemporary theories of motivation complement one another.
· Differentiate between emotions and moods.
· Identify the sources of emotions and moods.
· Show the impact emotional labor has on employees.
· Describe affective events theory.
· Describe emotional intelligence.
· Identify strategies for emotional regulation.
· Apply concepts about emotions and moods to specific OB issues.
Discussion: What are some early theories of motivation? How applicable are they today? What works for you and why?
At least two references
The post Organizational Behavior Discussion 2 appeared first on Graduate Paper Help.