· Discussion – Chapter 7 – Interpersonal, Teamwork, and Self Management Skills
Textbook: Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment by Alfaro-Lefevre
Following the reading of this assigned chapter, answer the questions below as a discussion post. Question and/or sub questions must be numbered and stated first, followed by the appropriate answer. Each answer must have a minimum of 6 sentences, unless specified otherwise
Student must incorporate the “Standards of Critical Thinking” (Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, Significance, and Fairness as a guide to clear, complete, in-depth writing.
Chapter #7 states that “the journey to developing critical thinking starts with having a good understanding of what it IS”
1. Describe three reasons why many nurses believe that critical thinking is like an “amorphous blob”? And, how do you think that they can change this belief? (4 sentences per reason)
2. How did you define critical thinking prior to entering the nursing program? And how do you define it now?
3. What experiences or situations have helped you to develop a good understanding of what critical thinking is in nursing?
4. Why is the “ability to recognize and manage your own emotions, important in nursing school and in patient care?
The post The journey to developing critical thinking starts with having a good understanding of what it IS appeared first on Healthtermpapers.com.