There are various types of employee tests that are widely used by employers today, including cognitive (mental) abilities, motor and physical abilities, personality and interests, and achievement.
1. Tests of Cognitive Abilities–Cognitive tests include tests of general reasoning ability (intelligence) and tests of specific mental abilities like memory and inductive reasoning. Intelligence tests are tests of general intellectual abilities, ranging from memory, vocabulary, and verbal fluency to numerical ability.
Specific cognitive abilities (aptitude) tests include inductive and deductive reasoning, verbal comprehension, memory, and numerical ability.
2. Tests of Motor and Physical Abilities–Employers may use various tests to measure such motor abilities as finger dexterity, manual dexterity, and reaction time. They may also want to measure such physical abilities as static strength, dynamic strength, body coordination, and stamina.
3. Measuring Personality–can be used to assess personal characteristics as attitude, motivation, and temperament.
What personality tests measure–Tests measure basic aspects of an applicant’s personality, such as introversion, stability, and motivation.
4. Personality Test Effectiveness–Industrial psychologists emphasize five personality dimensions as they apply to personnel testing: extroversion, emotional stability, agreeableness, conscientiousness, and openness to experience.
5. Interest Inventories–compare one’s interests with those of people in various occupations.
6. Achievement Tests–measure what a person has learned.
Can you describe experience with any of these employment tests?
The post There are various types of employee tests that are widely used by employers today, including cognitive (mental) abilities, motor and physical… appeared first on Graduate Paper Help.